Aside from my love of crafting, another thing I am most passionate about is food (who isn’t? Lol! ). Afterall, I am a homemaker first and foremost. So, what is a better way to welcome you all but to share a personal fave recipe. I mean who doesn’t like fried chicken, right? If we were to do a survey i think this dish will be on top 5 of favorite meal. But fried chicken can be boring too at some point no matter how much we love its crunchy-licious taste. So why not make a twist into this good ol’ dish 🙂 I hope I was able to note down the website or cookbook (magazine) where I got this yummy dish before, so I can properly give credit to the original owner of this recipe. The recipe is actually very simple and absolutely fool-proof that i never bother write them down myself. This to me is the first gourmet meal I was able to serve my family and everyone loves it! Its also very affordable since we will only be using 3 ingredients basically (as the title suggest), so lets begin 🙂
- 1/2 kilo of chicken ( i used Chicken breast fillet )
- 1 piece Lemon
- 1 stick butter (half bar)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- dried basil (optional)
- Wash the chicken well, drain and pat dry. You may use other parts of chicken, i just find it easier to slice the breast fillet and we prefer boneless chicken on this recipe.
- Rub salt and pepper to the chicken then set aside.
- Slice some lemon for garnishing ( I only use 3 at most since my kids don’t like eating lemon.) Juice the rest of it and set aside.
- Heat the non stick pan, add some butter (about 1/2 stick) and slightly fry the sliced lemon. Set it aside after.
- Next is to fry the chicken with the remaining butter on the pan until it turn slightly brown. Once fried, put all of them back on the pan with the remaining butter and lemon juice. Let it simmer until the chicken are well cooked.
- Put the chicken on its serving plate, garnish with some dried basil (optional) and then add the slices of fried lemon.
- Serve hot. We like it best when served with rice or mashed potatoes.
You may ask what to do with the rest of the lemon after we extracted its juice? Well, I either sliced them and put in Iced tea or slice them and just make infused water that’s rich in Vitamin C to strengthen immune system, helps with detoxification and hydration.
There you have it lovelies, i hope you can try this simple recipe and let me know what you think of it thru the Comments section. When life gives you lemon – make a Lemon-Buttered fried Chicken 😉